Today’s Classic: Bad Girls and Bat Wings
1. Albert-Joseph Pénot, Bat Woman (1890)
2. Jószef Arpád Koppay, Lion and Woman with Devil Bat Wings Chained Together (date unknown)
3. Johann Heinrich Füssli, The Mad Kate (1807)
4. Gabriel Ferrier, Moonlit Dreams (1874)
5. Vasily Kotarbinsky, Dark Star (date unkwown)
Seems like IKEA are really shaking things up this year. In addition to the previously announced TV set, they’re also going to release a digital camera made of cardboard called Knäppa (“Snap”). It’ll hold 40 photographs at a time and plugs directly into your USB port. While it’s not the prettiest camera the world has ever seen, I do love the idea of a screen-less digital camera that brings people back to the wait-and-see days of film.
Just wanted to share this unusual example of proper female armor (the character named Seelah), designed by Wayne Anthony Reynolds:
Love your website!
Thanks! And she looks very cool indeed.
- Legendary amazons (movie 2011)
- Richie Jen as Yang Zongbao
- Cecilia Cheung as Mu Guiying
- Cheng Pei-pei as She Saihua
- Liu Xiaoqing as Chai Qingyun
- Ge Chunyan as Zhou Yunjing
- Oshima Yukari as Zou Lanxiu
- Li Jing as Geng Jinhua
- Jin Qiaoqiao as Dong Yue’e
- Yang Zitong as Meng Jinbang
- Kathy Chow as Ma Saiying
- Yu Na as Huyan Chijin
- Chen Zihan as Yang Yanqi
- Liu Dong as Yang Yanying
- Xiao Mingyu as Yang Wenguang
- Zhou Xiaofei as Yang Paifeng
- Wang Ti as Yang Jinhua
- Zhao Qianyu as Little Bean
- Tang Yaolin as Little Sparrow
- Shi Fanxi as Yin Qi
- Wu Ma as Pang Ji….
This is super cool.
Based on the stories about the Generals of the Yang Family.
This reminds me of a myth regarding how some games come from some areas where things are just “like that”.
Seems that all kinds of areas produce badass heroines who project pure awesomeness!
Seriously question: Does anyone actually know what standards Applibot tells it’s artists to adhere to? Or if Applibot even has a designated art director? Yes this is the same company and franchise we just featured in bingo!
Because sometimes they produce beautiful things like this… but so many other times they showcase ridiculous double standards, questionable composition/costume combos and absurdly hypersexualised costume designs.